If you’re a mompreneur, you know how important it is to set goals.Sometimes it can be tough to know where to start. In this episode of The Making Mommy Moves Show, Alyssa shares some tips about goal setting to create your vision that will help you get started on the right foot. First, she talks about the importance of visualizing your goals. What do you want to achieve? What will success look like?
Once you have a clear picture in your mind it’s time to start writing down your goals. Be specific and realistic, and don’t be afraid to dream big! Remember your goals are what will keep you motivated and moving forward, so make sure they’re something you’re truly passionate about.
Thanks for tuning in, go create your vision and happy goal setting!
Today’s Goal: Create your vision and write your goals to manifest them into your reality. Identify what you want to achieve and break it down into smaller, achievable steps.
03:49 – Focus on the financial area of our life. We’re going to write down exactly what you want your annual income to be. We want to write down what your cash flow looks like. We want to write down exactly how much money’s in your savings to create your vision.
05:47 – I want you to create your vision in your mind exactly what kind of career or job or business that you’re creating, where you’re working? Where’s your office? What are you doing? Who are you working with? What kind of clients our customers?
09:12 – The last thing I want you to focus on is exactly what your community you live in looks like. So is it operating perfectly? What kind of activities are you doing?
14:44 – Know that this is what you’re working toward because it’s so easy to get distracted especially with social media these days. If you’re like me you come up with a million ideas you need to know which ones are on track to create your vision.
- The LYSST – Never miss an episode, blog, or exclusive deal for my favorite mom friends.
- Download the guide to starting your first business here!
- Get advice and other tools at www.lyssmorton.com/coaching
- MAMA MEDIA – get my free social media calendar for 30 days of content ideas!
CONNECT WITH LYSS
Follow me: @lyss.morton
Follow Garden in the Pines: @NJGardenInThePines
Check Out The Power Couple Show!
Creating the Vision:
Hi everyone. Welcome back to another episode of The Making Mommy Moves Show!
The Mission of the Making Mommy Moves Show
You guys know that I’m on a mission to help other moms and mompreneurs make moves in their life by achieving their goals and I want you to be able to take what you do and really take action. So many of us really struggle with the actual moving of the needle, or we feel like we’re doing a lot of busy work, and it’s just not in line with creating your vision.
I wanted to take this idea and create like a sort of mini series within the show dedicated to goal setting and how it can help you create your vision for your life and I want this to be able to take it and run with so that we’re planning and we’re working toward achieving our goals. My mission is for us to feel that we’re prepared for the new year come January but also so that we’re hopefully a little bit closer to having achieved those goals come January.
Today’s Powerful Tool
Today I want to share a really powerful tool with you; Larry and I are doing it too, we’re doing it alongside of you and we want to be able to make sure that we’re all in alignment to create your vision for your life.
I encourage you to do this individually, but also like with your spouse or your business partner, or whoever that you’re on this journey of life with so that you guys can discuss this in greater detail.
And if you guys are working toward a common goal, you know, that you’re on the same vision that you got the same idea in mind and this is what you’re working towards.
So I want you to go to the dollar store today.
If you don’t already have one and I want you to buy a cheap composition notebook, just like this.
And I want you to take it and we’re going to do some exercises together so that we create the vision, and we’re going to be as specific as possible.
So we’re going to write out this vision and great detail and encourage you to come back and re-listen to this episode or re-watch it so that you are able to do the exercise with me. But for now hear me out, we’re going to get on board with the vision and we’re going to revisit it daily multiple times per day. Even because when we really begin the work toward accomplishing our goals, it’s important that we revisit this every single day. So what this Looks like is like first thing in the morning. We’re going to look up and we’re going to reread our goals.
We’re going to get re-on-track with the vision for the day because this puts us in a positive head space to be able to move forward throughout the day and know that this is what we’re working toward.
This is the why this is why we’re working our asses off. This is what we’re doing, for our life, and for our future. So by doing this, purchasing the morning, it puts us in the right headspace, then, throughout the day, as we need to pick me up, you’re going to revisit the vision, revisit the goals and again, before bed, because this puts it in our subconscious. And so that we are able to come up with solutions for anything that we’re experiencing that, we really need to work on the subconscious.
The mind will create the solution for us. So this is really powerful and I’m excited to share it with you.
Create your vision for your financial freedom.
- We’re going to write down exactly what you want your annual income to be.
- We want to write down what your cash flow looks like.
- We want to write down exactly how much money’s in your savings or your investment accounts.
- We’re going to write down your total,
- net worth, everything,
- Be as specific as possible. Possible. The ways that the money’s coming in everything so that you are manifesting this to come true.
So the first thing we’re going to do is we’re going to focus on the financial area of our life.
Create your vision for your home.
Next, I want you to visualize exactly what your dream home looks like:
- Where is it located?
- How many bedrooms does it have?
- How many bathrooms?
- What does it look like?
- You have a garage?
- What is the scenery outside?
- Is the artwork hanging in the walls?
- Is there furniture?
- Like what kind of furniture? What does it look like?
- What is your dream kitchen look like? Everything!
Identify it exactly because this is how you’re going to manifest it. And trust me, I know this sounds like a little, woowoo, but it works because once you have this vision in your head, this is what you know you’re working toward.
You don’t have to worry about how you’re going to get the house. You’re just going to visualize exactly what it looks like, and your brain will fill in the gaps, get you there.
Next, you’re going to do the same thing. But visualize the car that you’re driving, the car that your spouse is driving, the car that your kids are driving, all of it, anything else that goes along with the finances.
If you want to work at a certain computer, have a beautiful office, Everything!
Create your vision for your career.
Next I want you to visualize in your mind exactly what kind of career or job or business that you’re creating:
- Where you’re working?
- Where’s your office?
- What are you doing?
- Who are you working with?
- What kind of clients or customers are you serving?
- What is the compensation like?
- Is that your own business?
- Be as specific as possible.
For me I’m going to walk you through what I wrote down in a minute. But for me it looks like you know the different types of businesses that we have, the way that they’re running, and be as specific as I can be for what I want them to become.
Create your vision for your recreational time.
Next, we’re going to focus on what we do in our free time for a recreational time, for our fun time, whether that’s as a family, individually with our friends so that you can create this for yourself.
What good is it to be working all the time if we don’t have any fun in our life as well?
This is where we’re going to create this and visualize it so that we are creating it in our future.
Some of the questions I want you to ask are:
- What are you doing with your friends and family?
- What are you doing in your free time?
- What kind of hobbies do you have?
- Where are you taking vacations.
- Like, where are you going?
- What do they look like?
- What are you doing for fun?
So that we are able to fill this cup and our life.
Create Your Vision For Yourself.
Then I want you to visualize exactly what you look like.
- Are you a healthy person.
- What is your body look?
- Like, what is your physical health?
- Like, do you have diseases?
- Are you free of disease?
- Are you full of energy and vitality?
- Are you flexible or you’re strong?
- What kind of weights can you lift?
- If you want to lift weights,
- What kind of moves in CrossFit or dance or whatever do you want to accomplish?
- What is your body like?
Because this is going to manifest exactly what you want to be and it also puts back in your head. Exactly what the vision is.
So that when you’re getting up every morning to go to the gym or you’re going for your walk, or you’re eating the right foods, your re-putting it in your head so that you are in alignment with the vision every day.
Waking up and doing the hard things is really difficult, and that’s why we want to have this Vvsion written out immediately in the first page of your book. Because this is what we’re going to be working on every single day, every single week.
Together, as we work toward accomplishing our goals, moving the needle, and truly creating success in our life, and our marriage, and our family, and our business.
So, from there once you have that written down, I want you to move on to visualizing your relationships with your family, with your self, with your friends, everyone!
So this is where we write down exactly what it looks like.
- What families involved in your life?
- Who are your friends?
- What kind of status are they?
- What kind of relationship?
- What’s the quality of the relationship?
- How did they feel?
- Are they supportive?
- Are they loving?
- Are they empowering these kinds of things?
We’re going to be as specific as possible with like what we do together, how we spend our time and how we’re really building each other up.
We want to know exactly how these relationships come together. So that we are working toward creating those relationships in our life.
From there we’re going to outline exactly what the personal arena of my life lips.
Like so this will be like:
- Are we going to school or do we take classes?
- Are we doing workshops or trainings?
- Are we seeking therapy or growing spiritually?
- If you want to grow closer to God? or,
- If you want to like take a yoga class, like whatever it looks like.
- If you want to go for a specific training or go on retreats and re-charge, exactly.
- What do you look like and your personal area of Life?
- Do you want to run a marathon?
- Do you want to take an art class?
- Do you want to write a book?
All of these things are related to this.
And then finally, the last thing I want you to focus on is exactly what your community live in looks like:
- So is it operating perfectly?
- The kind of activities are you doing?
- The type of activities take place there?
- Are you doing charitable work?
- Like, what do you do to help others make a difference?
- Did you create a charitable organization?
- Do you contribute to one?
This is where we’re going to really focus on giving and philanthropy so that we are able to expand and receive more. As you know, those that give also receive and this is really what the whole part of life is all about. We want to be able to give and help as many people as possible.
So Writing down exactly who we want to help and how we’re going to help within the community. We’re able to really visualize and make it happen.
This is the whole purpose of the exercise to be able to make moves so that we are able to make the things happen in our lives that we really want to create; no more just talking about it. No more saying this is something that I really want to do. We want to take action and this is what this exercise is going to help us do.
So once you write down all of your answers, I want you to review them. And I want you to do this with your spouse, or your accountability partner, your business partner, so that you guys keep each other on track and working toward your goals and sharing them also just puts it in the universe so that it is a commitment.
Then we’re going to review them every day and I really mean it: everyday. Review it first thing in the morning and before bed at a minimum and this will help our conscious and subconscious minds to continue working on our goals so that we are able to apply them in the future.
So I just wanted to run down mine real quick just to give you the added accountability for myself, but also the inspiration for you so that you have an idea of how big you can go.
Seriously, you can go to the Moon.
Alyssa’s Creating the Vision:
All right, so it was fun. Larry and I did this with each other this morning. We both had our composition notebooks and we wrote it all out and then we reviewed how to create our vision together. And they’re pretty much identical which is exactly what we want.
Really, because we’re two members of the same team working toward the same goal, so we really want to make sure that we’re both in alignment with our vision.
So just as a brief overview:
- We want to have assets that generate income passively;
- We want to have our businesses running for themselves.
- We want to have online courses and online programs that generate income passively, through evergreens funnels,
- We want to have rental properties and people they manage the properties.
- We want our businesses and I was specific with our businesses with the way that they run and how much money they generate.
- And the types of people that were helping
- I put in here exactly what I want our net worth to be,
- What I want as far as Investments and the types of Investments that we’re doing.
So we were actually identical with the way that we wrote this out and it looks like:
- I was specific with the home we will live in and I’m going to share this with you.
- We live in a home in the mountains.
- It’s as 4,000 square foot home
- A spacious ranch
- Detached, garage
- Five bedrooms/ four bathrooms, an apartment or en-suite room for my dad,
- We’ve got nice office space
- Larry’s got a detached garage/ studio-like pole barn
- I’ve got an on-site art design studio for my flower arranging, or for the kids and I to do crafts together.
- We’ve got a lake view.
- We’ve got beautiful property and landscaping.
- We’ve got a neat and tidy lived in space.
- Family Photos hang on the walls.
- We’ve got hot tub and a spa-like pool and then there’s patio for entertaining.
- We’ve got beautiful cars. I put that I drive an Escalade because we could have whatever we want.
I wrote about how to create the vision for the career:
- speaking on stages
- writing my books, and all of these things;
- I wrote about helping other mompreneurs like you to create the life that you want through my online courses, one-on-one coaching, and through my books and different programs that we create.
I wrote about my free time.
- There are things that I want to do like in the future… Something that I love that I don’t think I’ve ever talked about on here is ballroom dancing. And I want to really be able to focus on that and get good at it. It. And that’s something that I outlined in here.
- I wrote about the vacations we want to take as a family
- The things that I want to do with my kids
- The relationships I want to have with my kids
- What I envision my body to look like, and just feel like, and everything.
And for self-development I put that, I enrolled myself in a mastermind every year to empower myself, to go to different levels, and that I always hire a coach.
So, these are just some of the things that I envisioned for my life, and how I am creating the vision, and I think that it’s really important that create your vision so that you can stay on track with your vision and really work toward accomplishing your goals because at the end of the day:
One, if it’s not written down, you’re never going to do it because it’s gonna go in one ear and out the other and you’re not going to remember it.
Two, rereading it really puts it back in your head so that you’re able to stay on target with the vision and know that this is what you’re working toward because it’s so easy to get distracted especially with social media these day.
If you’re like me, you come up with a million ideas. You need to know which ones are on track with the end goal because otherwise, you’re just going to sabotage yourself or distract yourself and it’s going to take you longer to get there.
So I really encourage you to do this exercise with me and I’m going to share a part two of the exercise next Monday.
The Future for The Podcast/ Lyss Morton Brand
As you know, we’ve kind of adjusted our dates were moving to one to two days a week for the podcast episodes. I’m shooting for two days but it’s more likely one day and the days are going to be Mondays and Fridays.
I am in the works of getting some amazing guests on the show, so I’m so excited to share them with you. Our first guest is going to be on Friday, the 4th of November, if you haven’t already go listen to the episode.
She’s awesome, and I’m so excited to share her with you. And I think that’s what we got going on in the works.
As you know, I’ve been working on my first book and it’s almost halfway there. So I encourage you to really do this exercise with me. Stay on track with your goals and create your vision, so that you can make moves toward accomplishing everything that you want in this life.
Thanks for tuning in to this episode, guys, and I will see you on the next one. Bye.